Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Tree Lighting

My kids love this tradition. Every year we go walk the promanade and watch them light their huge Christmas tree at the university. Along the promanade they have various musicians performing, Santa Claus, hot chocolate and donut holes, and a live nativity scene. Ironically, I did not take a picture of the huge Christmas tree...

Here is Caelum's first encounter with Jolly Ol' St. Nick. He wasn't too interested.

On our way back to the car, Brenner asks, "Mommy, what was your favorite part?"
"Oh, Mommy loves the bells!" I reply. "The songs played by the bell choir were my favorite part!"
"Ok. And what was your favorite part, Aile?" he continues.
"Santa!!" his big sister eagerly replies.
"Brenner," I say, "what was YOUR favorite part?"
"Oh!" he seems surprised to be asked. "Well, I liked the hot chocolate and the donuts! Aaaand the Christmas tree...Aaaaand the lights!"


No comments: