Monday, October 27, 2008

My "All the day..."

Sometimes the re-interpretations that children give to songs and stories give them a new meaning that is relevant for the moment, even if at first they seem to not make much sense... Today I heard Aile singing: "When I am down, You pick me up. When I am dry, You fill my cup. You are my all the day!" The correct lyric says, "You are my ALL IN ALL. But as I thought about it, sometimes it is more important for me to remember that God is my "all the day." He gives me strength and power to make it through each day, and there are times when that is all I am trying to do! So I didn't correct Aile's re-interpretation. I like having God be my "all the day"! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I like that! And I do love to hear the re-created songs they sing!