We were driving home one evening, and the full moon was already out and quite bright. It looked pretty cool. Brenner noticed it first, which was not surprising. He has had an obsession with the moon ever since I showed him a video of the first astronauts to walk on the moon and we learned about being an astronaut, gravity, etc. Anyway, so Brenner noticed the moon, and commented, "Look! It's a full moon today!"
"Oh, that's very neat!" I replied.
Brenner, for about the 20th time in the last couple weeks: "When can we go to the moon, Mommy?"
"Well..." I hedge. I am trying to come up with a 2oth answer, since the previous 19 apparently did not suffice. But Caelum chimes in and answers for me, in all his 2-year-old logic: "You can just drop us off, Mommy! Can you drop us off at the moon, please, Mommy?"
"That's a very far to go, Caelum. We can't drive there."
"But, I think I can walk on the moon!" He shouts emphatically.
"Maybe someday..." I reply.
Soccer Camp
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment