Monday, June 16, 2008

The Thoughtfulness of a 2 Year Old

Background info: Mommy has a bulging disk in her back and has not been able to do much lately...

Story:
Brenner and Mommy are walking across the lawn holding hands, and Brenner says: "Mommy, can you pick me up?"
Mommy: "I'm sorry Brenner, but I really can't."
Brenner takes his hand back and continues walking, shoulders slumped in dejection.
Mommy: "Do you want to race to the car?"
Brenner, in a sad tone: "No..."
Mommy stops walking and holds her hands out: "Come here Brenner. I'll try to pick you up."
Brenner stops walking and looks up at Mommy. After a few seconds, he says: "No, it's okay. I don't want to hurt your back." He reaches up and takes Mommy's hand and they finish walking to the car.

My little boy is so soft-hearted, he just melts my heart sometimes! :)

No comments: